See Section 1 of the Digital PSAT/NMSQT Testing Rules for full requirements for taking the PSAT/NMSQT.
The following items are required for taking the PSAT/NMSQT:
- A pen or pencil for scratch work (it doesn’t have to be a No. 2 pencil).
- A fully charged, acceptable testing device with Bluebook already downloaded.
- A valid photo ID for check-in if testing as an Away Student.
Though not required, consider bringing:
- Snacks and drinks (which must be under your desk during testing)
- An acceptable calculator—please see psat.org/calculator for full list—for use on the Math section of the test (if you prefer using a handheld calculator to using the embedded Desmos calculator in the Bluebook app)
- Extra batteries, a power cord, and backup calculator