This section summarizes important guidelines for digital testing. See Section 1 of the Digital PSAT/NMSQT Testing Rules, to make sure you cover all the steps to successfully prepare to take the PSAT/NMSQT.
- If you are allowed to bring your own or a school-issued device, plan ahead and bring equipment that's in good working order with enough battery power to last for 3 hours. Your testing device must be able to connect to Wi-Fi, and you may need to update your operating system to support the digital test. Testing staff might not have extra batteries or calculators.
- Expect to complete a digital readiness check session led by school staff in the time leading up to testing. You will be able to review and agree to the Testing Rules and familiarize yourself with Bluebook. As part of this, you'll have the option to provide additional information about yourself. This information is used by College Board to ensure the test is fair for all test takers.
- On test day, you'll follow instructions to connect to Wi-Fi, complete exam check-in on your testing device, and type a brief statement saying that you agree to follow all test day rules.
- Store any snacks or drinks you bring under your desk. You may only eat snacks during breaks. The testing staff will tell you where you can go to have your snack.
- Aside from a scheduled break, you must not leave the testing room before you're dismissed; if you do, your scores are subject to cancellation.