Problem-Solving and Data Analysis measures the ability to apply quantitative reasoning about ratios, rates, and proportional relationships; understand and apply unit rate; and analyze and interpret one- and two-variable data.
This group of skills is about being quantitatively literate and demonstrating a command of the math that resonates throughout college courses, career training programs, and everyday life.
Problem-Solving and Data Analysis includes the following skills and knowledge testing points:
- Ratios, rates, proportional relationships, and units
- One-variable data: distributions and measures of center and spread
- Two-variable data: models and scatterplots
- Probability and conditional probability
- Inference from sample statistics and margin of error
- Evaluating statistical claims: observational studies and experiments