Do schools need parental consent?

For students under 18, schools should have consent from a parent or guardian to share student information with College Board and request EL supports. Students 18 or older can grant consent.

If a school doesn’t have documentation of parental approval through other processes (IEP, 504 Plan, EL classification), a consent form is provided in the EL Supports tool on SSD Online. The school should maintain the form with the student's records; it doesn’t need to be sent to College Board.