If your organization is a non-high school that primarily serves low-income high school students and provides educational support services, you may be eligible to be an SAT Fee Waiver Agency, allowing you to receive and distribute SAT fee waiver codes to first-time fee waiver-eligible students.
An agency that wants to provide SAT fee waivers must:
- Receive at least 50 percent of its total funding from federal, state, or city government sources
- Primarily serve low-income students
- Provide educational support services to high school students
To apply, an agency must submit the following required information:
- A formal request for a Fee Waiver Agency code on official organizational letterhead. The request must include an overview of the organization, its mission, a description of the population of students served, and a description of the programs and services offered.
- An official copy of any grant funding award letter(s) documenting local, state, or federal funding sources.
- A copy of its annual budget highlighting federal, state, or local government funding sources that comprise at least 50 percent of its total operating budget.
- The total number of students served annually and the proportion that meet SAT fee-waiver eligibility criteria.
- The total number of eligible, low-income, college-bound students requiring a fee waiver for the current academic year.
- The actual requested quantity of fee waivers for the current academic year.
- A summary of how the agency will validate students' eligibility to receive an SAT fee waiver.
To apply for your agency code, please submit the required items noted above to:
SAT Program Fee Waiver Service
Fee Waiver Agency Code Request
11955 Democracy Drive
Reston, VA 20190
You can also email this documentation directly to [email protected] or fax to (216) 916-4365, Attn: Customer Service.