SAT fee waivers allow eligible students to take the SAT for free and get other benefits to apply to college.
Fee Waiver Benefits
SAT fee waivers offer students many benefits that help with costs toward college. These benefits include:
- Free tests and feedback
- 2 free opportunities to take the SAT
- 2 free opportunities to access Answering Service
- Free college application benefits
- Unlimited score reports to send to colleges
- Waived application fees at participating colleges
- Free CSS Profile™ applications to apply for financial aid from participating schools
Additional fee waiver benefits include:
- No non-U.S. regional fees for free tests (if a U.S. student is testing abroad)
- No late registration fees for free tests (if in the U.S. or U.S. territories)
- No change or cancellation fees (upon cancellation, unused fee waiver benefits will be returned to the student)
- Fee reductions for score verification reports
What Fee Waivers Don't Cover
Even if students have a fee waiver, it doesn't cover some of the costs for registration changes. Students still have to pay fees associated with:
- Changing test center.
- Changing the date they're taking the SAT.
- Requesting rush scores.
- Requesting to receive scores by phone.