The device lending program was created to help students, who need a testing device, borrow one to use for the SAT Weekend administration.
Before Test Day
Requesting a Student Testing Device
You'll receive an email from College Board before test day informing you which students are approved for loaned devices. We're also working with some centers to proactively ship devices in case students request them. You'll be notified by email if your center is expected to receive devices.
The loaned devices will arrive a few days before test day. They'll have Bluebook, our digital testing app, preinstalled. As the test center coordinator, it's your responsibility to receive, check, securely store, and return College Board-loaned testing devices.
Important: These devices are only to be used for SAT Weekend testing at your test center.
When receiving and inspecting the devices, follow these steps:
- Note the number of devices and chargers that were shipped to your test center.
- Confirm the number of devices shipped to your test center matches the packing slip.
- Turn on each device and make sure each is undamaged, functional, and fully charged.
- Confirm that Bluebook is preinstalled.
- Windows machine: Look for the blue star icon on the desktop.
- Chromebooks: Bluebook will be listed in the apps menu.
- Store the devices securely, in a locked location, under proper conditions (e.g., indoor temperatures, protected from dust, etc.) until test day. Don't remove any loaned test devices from the school. Never store loaned test devices in your home or in your vehicle.
- Keep the original packing and the return label (if provided) for returning devices and store them in a safe location at the school.
On Test Day
Arrive at the test center no later than 7 a.m. on test day to manage the process of distributing the loaned devices to students. Students approved for a loaned device will be told to arrive by 7:15 a.m., to allow time to receive their device and complete the exam setup process. Students can't check in for testing until they've completed the exam setup process and received their admission ticket.
Review the email from College Board informing you which students were approved for these devices. If a student is missing from your list, you may lend them a device if they provide proof using a screenshot from a phone or printout of their My SAT homepage confirming their approval.
When distributing the devices, follow these steps:
- Give 1 device to each student who is approved for a loaned device.
- Share the test center's Wi-Fi credentials with the students.
- Instruct students to sign in to Bluebook to complete exam setup. At the end of setup, they'll receive an admission ticket.
Issues with Submission
After testing is over, there may be some students with a loaned device who did not successfully submit their answers. It's critical that you do not dismiss these students until their answers are successfully submitted at the test center.
If a student using a loaned device experiences issues submitting their answers, call 866-502-6384 or +1-212-520-8570 (international) immediately.
After Test Day
Some test centers will receive loaned devices only for a specific administration and will return them immediately after testing. Other test centers will store loaned devices for the testing year.
After testing is completed, the courier that delivered the devices will contact you for pickup. You must return the devices in their original packaging within five days of testing. If you aren't contacted within three days of testing, please email [email protected] or [email protected] (for international test centers) to schedule a pickup.
- Retrieve the original package you received from where you stored it.
- Follow the return instructions and use the return label (if provided).
Note: College Board is working with several partners to ensure students who need a device have one on test day. You may receive additional instructions depending on the courier used.
If you receive instructions to store loaned devices for the testing year, confirm the devices still power on, have Bluebook installed, and have no visible damage before securely storing them. Please also make sure the devices are fully charged for the next student.
For questions regarding College Board-loaned devices, call 866-502-6384 or +1-212-520-8570 (international). You can also email us at [email protected] or [email protected] (for international test centers).