Access Student Score Reports
In the online reporting portal, you can download official score reports and essays from students who sent you scores, adjust score reporting preferences, and access score-send trend reports. Follow the steps below if you do not have but need access to student score reports in your institution's Higher Education Reporting Portal.
Details About Digital SAT Score Reports
Starting in August 2022, colleges and universities will receive scores for a small number of students who are participating in our digital SAT research studies. The scores from these studies are valid for use in any campus process for which the paper and pencil scores are used. If your institution downloads electronic score record data files, these scores will be reported along with current SAT scores in the data files.
What's not changing in the electronic score record data files:
- Colleges will continue to access and download files the same way through the Higher Education Reporting Portal.
- No changes have been made to the structure of the data layout—scores and score percentiles will be reported in the same fields they are currently.
- Fields for Total, Evidence-based Reading and Writing, and Math section scores will continue to be populated as with the current SAT.
What's changing in the electronic score record data files:
- Test, cross-test scores, and subscore scores and score percentiles will no longer be reported on the digital SAT—those fields will be blank. This will include the scores that will arrive this August from students participating in research studies.
- The "Essay Locator ID" field will be blank. You can use "Find a Student" in the HED Reporting Portal to download student essays.
- Paper scores will be discontinued as a delivery method for student scores beginning in June 29, 2022. After that date, scores will only be reported through the Higher Education Reporting Portal.
- We have posted the electronic score report data layouts for 2022–23 along with sample test files to our website.