Can students outside the U.S. use Official Digital SAT Practice?
Yes. Students taking the digital SAT Suite tests will have access to the following free, high-quality test preparation resources:
- Sample Test Questions (With Answer Explanations): These questions illustrate the range of skills and knowledge on the digital SAT Suite tests as well as the response formats used (multiple-choice and, for select Math questions, student-produced response).
- Full-length Adaptive Digital SAT Practice Test Forms: Students can take full-length digital practice tests directly in Bluebook™, allowing them to get the full digital SAT Suite experience while familiarizing themselves with test content. Practice tests for the PSAT-related assessments will be available starting in 2023. Full-length linear paper and pencil practice test forms are also available from College Board as downloadable PDFs. These forms are recommended only for students who will require paper-based accommodations on test day.
- Official SAT Practice on Khan Academy: Students can log on to Khan Academy® to practice with digital SAT test questions and receive feedback, including answer explanations. In addition to providing test preparation activities, Khan Academy offers students a range of high-quality skill and knowledge building activities, including numerous videos and articles that target specific areas where students might need additional support.
When should students start using Official SAT Practice on Khan Academy for the digital SAT?
There’s no hard-and-fast rule, but the more time students spend on Khan Academy®, the more likely they are to feel well prepared for the SAT.
We recommend that students create their Khan Academy account in the fall of their junior year, if they don't have one already. Then, they'll have several months to practice before taking the SAT in spring of junior year.
Help your students create a practice schedule on Official SAT Practice on Khan Academy and stick to it. Like sports or music, the key to feeling prepared is committing to practice.
What's the best way for students to prepare for the digital SAT?
- Take challenging courses in high school and work hard. Day-to-day classroom work and homework develops the knowledge and skills students need to succeed on the SAT.
- Take the PSAT/NMSQT, the PSAT 10, and the PSAT 8/9 (if your child's school administers these tests). These tests help students get ready for the SAT.
Students preparing for the digital SAT Suite tests will have access to all of the following practice resources throughout the fall and months leading up to the international digital administrations in spring 2023:
- A test preview within the Bluebook™ app.
- Full-length adaptive digital SAT practice tests they can take directly in the Bluebook app. Once they finish a practice test, students will be able to access their practice test score and answer explanations through the app.
- Official SAT Practice on Khan Academy® with high-quality skill and knowledge-building activities to help students prepare for the digital tests.