How should College and Career Readiness Benchmarks be used?
Benchmarks can help educators identify students who:
- Need more support while there is still time for improvement
- Can take on more challenging courses and assignments
Benchmarks should not be used to:
- Assign students to academic tracks.
- Keep students from participating in challenging courses.
- Discourage students from pursuing college.
Learn how benchmarks work together to help students and educators assess student progress toward college readiness from year to year.