Review the latest policies for the PSAT/NMSQT. Additional information is in the PSAT/NMSQT Coordinator Manual.
Test Day Policies
- The minimum distance between seats for all PSAT-related assessments is 3 feet. To ensure the health and safety of students and staff, increase distance and maintain spacing as needed, following your state’s Department of Health recommendations.
- Students may not take the PSAT/NMSQT more than once in an academic year.
Test booklets sent for one test date can't be used for a different test date.
Test books must be used on the official administration date. If your school plans to test on multiple administration dates, you must place separate orders for each date to receive the appropriate test books. If a test is administered on the wrong day, scores from that administration will be ineligible for scholarship consideration.
- For students using the prerecorded audio accommodation, audio is delivered in a streaming app.
After Test Day
Test materials must be returned as soon as testing concludes at your school.
If you're testing on multiple days, you’ll receive separate return materials for each day. You must return your test materials after testing concludes on each administration day—no later than the following school day.
- If your school participates in the Test Administration Study or Saturday administration, these policies apply:
- You must return test books. If test books aren’t returned on time, your scores will be held.
- Question-level details won't be available in score reports, and test questions won't be available for review after the test. Instead, educators can access hundreds of similar test questions using the SAT Suite Question Bank.