Your score report shows you how well you did on your assessment. It also provides you with personalized feedback on how to improve your skills so that you’ll be ready for college and career.
Score Report Details
Your score report includes detailed information on a variety of scores that will help you understand your strengths and weaknesses.
See how you did on each section by looking at your Evidence-Based Reading and Writing score and your Math score.
On your dashboard, click the arrow on the right of any score report to go to the Score Overview page and learn more about section scores. College and Career Readiness Benchmarks show whether you’re on track to be ready for college and a career.
PSAT/NMSQT, PSAT 10, and PSAT 8/9 score reports include projected score ranges for each section score. They are calculated for the assessment typically taken by students a grade ahead of you. They’re based on a research study of average growth and score gain for students in your grade. You can outperform these projections by taking challenging courses and continuing to work hard.
Areas of Strength and Weakness
Go to the Score Details page for your test scores, cross-test scores, and subscores. These scores give you detailed analyses of your performance in specific areas. Areas where your skills are strong appear in green. The red and yellow zones are important to focus on because they show where you most need to improve your skills. Learn more about scores and what they mean to you:
How to Download Score Reports
- On your dashboard, click the arrow on the right of any score report.
- If you're printing from your desktop, click the Download Your Score Report button on the top right. If you're using a mobile device, click the download icon on the top right.
PSAT/NMSQT, PSAT 10, and PSAT 8/9
After going to your report's Score Overview, click Test Questions near the top of your screen to view:
- A summary of questions you answered correctly, incorrectly, or left blank.
- The difficulty level of each question and what content areas it's designed to measure.
- Answer explanations (unavailable for some administrations).
For a detailed look at your answers, you can order score verification for a fee:
- Go to your report's Score Overview.
- Click Test Questions near the top of your screen.
You'll be prompted to order the service available for your specific SAT test day.
If you've already ordered a verification service, you'll see a summary of your questions after you follow the two steps listed above.
Improve Your Skills
Use your online score report—and Khan Academy®—to improve your skills. To get started:
- Click Skills Insight to see which Reading, Writing and Language, and Math skills you should focus on. You'll find tips for test takers with section scores in your range. Speak to your counselor and teachers about classes and coursework that will help you improve.
- Link your College Board and Khan Academy accounts to get a free personalized practice plan based on your most recent scores. With Official SAT Practice you’ll know where to focus your efforts, and you’ll have access to interactive questions, video lessons, and more.
Get College Ready
Understanding your scores and making a plan to improve your skills are important steps toward college. To get more ideas for college planning and exploration, check out the Popular Tools on your dashboard.
The PSAT/NMSQT and PSAT 10 open doors to scholarships. If you took the PSAT/NMSQT, you’re automatically screened for the National Merit® Scholarship Program, an academic competition for recognition and college scholarships. If you opted in to Student Search Service® and took either the PSAT/NMSQT or the PSAT 10, you could also be invited to apply for scholarships offered by our other partners.
Send SAT Scores to Colleges and Scholarship Programs
To see where you've already sent your scores and to send more score reports:
- From your dashboard, click Score Sends from the top menu.
- Click the Send Additional Score Reports button.
Troubleshoot Missing Scores
If you’ve signed in but don’t see your score report, make sure scores for your assessment are ready.
- SAT score release schedule
- PSAT/NMSQT score release schedule
- PSAT 10 score release schedule
- PSAT 8/9 score release schedule
If scores have been released but you can't see yours:
- You may need to update your account information. Log in to the student score portal and follow the instructions to verify your account.
- Log in to the student score portal and learn how to use your registration number from the SAT, or your access code from a PSAT-related assessment, to verify your account.
- Do you need old scores? You can call to request old scores. You'll have to pay a fee.
Providing Personal Info
To protect your privacy, we need to ensure the score report is linked to you. If the identifying information in your online account doesn’t match the information you provided, try again or enter your access code or registration number to retrieve your scores. If you’re still having trouble, contact customer service.
Where to Find Your PSAT-Related Assessment Access Code
- If you provided a valid email address on your PSAT 10 or PSAT/NMSQT answer sheet, your access code was emailed to you.
- Counselors can retrieve your access code from their online score reporting portal.
Where to Find Your SAT Registration Number
- Your SAT registration number is printed on your admission ticket.
- Counselors can retrieve your registration number from their online score reporting portal.
Merging Multiple College Board Accounts
If you created multiple College Board accounts using different email addresses and want to merge them, contact us.
If you see "SAA" (state-allowed accommodation) on your score report, you’ve taken the assessment with a testing accommodation allowed by your state but not approved by the College Board.
- If you took the SAT with these accommodations, you can’t send those scores to colleges or scholarship programs.
- If you took the PSAT/NMSQT with these accommodations, you're not eligible for the National Merit Scholarship Program. Check with your school for details.
For more help, call 866-433-7728. For international and TTY phone numbers, go to the Contact Us page.